The Property Manager is a valuable member of our RE:VIVE Team. The duties and responsibilities of a property manager involve all aspects of day-to-day operations of the property, including accounting, tenant relations, maintenance and repair. The Property Manager manages the preparation of the annual budget, monthly reporting and financial performance of the property. A property manager is the main contact person who takes care of all the important details required to run a commercial retail property. This position is responsible for the following, but not limited to the following:
· Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Inspect vacant units along with the Development Team to identify any repairs from a property management standpoint during the early stage of Due Diligence for new real estate.
· Act as liaison between Tenants and Landlord. Understand the customer and have the ability to nurture and empathize to ensure tenant retention.
· Promptly address issues with the tenants ensuring there is constant communication with the tenants on their business needs.
· Maintain property efficiently by investigating and resolving tenant complaints.
· Educate tenants on the details of their leases assuring they have complete understanding of their agreement, role as a tenant and REVIVE’s role as a Property Manager.
· Use diligent efforts to enforce leases in accordance with their terms as required. Enforce rules of occupancy.
· Maintain properties to expected standards and show Pride of Ownership. Develop and implement a property drive schedule for a full routine site inspection on a regular basis.
· Maintain properties by contracting for maintenance services and repairs; engage Development Team as necessary.
· Manage entire tenant onboarding process including, but not limited to, lease signing, permit process, construction, opening for business, tenant allowance requirements, and other move-in tasks, such as keying space, utilities changes, and clean spaces, if applicable.
· Initiate preventive maintenance programs and surveys for all roofs and parking lots.
· Establish and implement grounds keeping and landscape programs for common areas.
· Periodically analyze all service contracts to determine if alternative contractors would be more cost-effective.
· Manage any property security projects (i.e., security cameras, working with local law enforcement, hiring security watch, etc.)
· Coordinate all annual lender/mortgage annual property inspections as requested.
· Review real estate tax bills and assessments as directed by Landlord and assist real estate tax consultant to protest when required.
· Assist Development Team with utility set ups for all new developments as necessary.
· Review all existing leases and prepare current lease abstract. Maintain schedule of options, renewals
· Monitor all collections, rent payments, payment plans, default notices, CAM issues and take action of locking out if necessary.
· Maintain monthly Rent Income and Management Fee Schedule, including percentage rent and any utility reimbursements.
· Prepare monthly ACH Transmittal Form to submit to Accountant to set up debit batch.
· Maintain current Rent Roll.
· Review, code, approve and submit invoices for vendors to Accounting department in a timely manner
· Manage budget preparation and CAM reconciliation for assigned properties, as well as delegating charges to correct tenants.
· Review monthly property profit and loss reports.
· Review and report monthly liquor sales for existing tenants and future areas of development. Update and maintain Tenant Sales Information if applicable.
· Maintain all tenant files (soft and hard) as required.
· Ensure that adequate construction insurance per the Lease is provided and maintained by Tenants’ General Contractor and/or Subcontractors during the construction of their build out. Upload required documents into insurance database as required.
· Ensure that adequate business and property insurance per the Lease is provided and maintained by tenants for operations. Upload required documents into insurance database as required.
· Ensure that adequate insurance is obtained and maintained for entire RE:VIVE real estate portfolio, as well as Builders’ Risk insurance for all development projects.
· Minimum Three (3) Years of Commercial Property Management Experience
· Excellent Computer Skills – MS Excel, Word and Outlook
· Technological Innovator
· Excellent Communication Skills